Tuckernuck is currently hiring for the following positions:
Please find instructions on how to apply below.
Tuckernuck is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Tuckernuck policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Position: Human Resources Manager
Description: The Human Resources Manager at Tuckernuck will be responsible for recruiting and on-boarding new employees, handling employee relations issues and fostering our wonderful company culture. They will take the lead in all new hiring needed by working with department heads in creating job descriptions, sourcing and interviewing candidates and working with hiring managers to onboard new employees.
What You’ll Do:
• Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs and take the lead on recruiting strategies to build a pool of diverse and qualified candidates.
• Screen resumes, interview candidates, and pass on top candidates to Founders and hiring managers for interviews.
• Deliver offer letters and communicates with new hires prior to start dates.
• Manage on-boarding process for new hire candidates and employees, including orientation scheduling, new hire paperwork, technology needs, and other actions that affect a positive candidate experience.
• Build relationships with Universities and other associations/organizations that will promote Tuckernuck and lead to enhanced hiring opportunities for Interns and Full Time hires.
• Manage company LinkedIn page and internal career postings on Tnuck.com.
• Assist with maintaining employee records and ensuring accuracy and integrity of data and compiles reports from ADP as needed.
• Maintains relationships with recruiting firms and recommends when needed for certain positions.
• Counsel employees and managers as needed to assist in employee relation issues that arise.
• Advise all levels of management in the areas of performance management, problem resolution, discipline, and termination.
• Lead team events and culture building activities for the company.
• Miscellaneous HR projects as needed.
Requirements for the Position:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 2+ years of HR experience. Management experience preferred.
• Passion for the Tuckernuck brand and interested in retail/ fashion.
• Problem-solver with a proactive nature.
• Flexible and adaptable with willingness to support other departments.
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to learn every single day.
• Energetic, kind, sincere, positive, and positive attitude.
• Ability to build solid relationships with teammates.
Interested? Apply here.
Position: Customer Experience Associate
Description: We’re looking for an exceptional associate to join our Customer Experience team. The perfect candidate is a Tuckernuck brand enthusiast who aspires to build customer relationships and deliver above-and-beyond support to ensure customer happiness.
As a member of the Customer Experience team, you will be the voice of our company and brand while being the voice of our customers when issues arise. We strive to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience, whether it be helping a bride pick out gifts for her wedding party via chat or emailing with our warehouse to ensure the fastest delivery possible for a new customer. You will have to be a great listener, an even better problem solver, and kill customers with kindness and positivity that knocks their socks off!
What You’ll Do:
• Build customer relationships and deliver above-and-beyond customer support through phone, email, and live chat.
• Quickly and thoroughly solve problems for customers anytime if deliveries, transactions, and experiences don’t go 100% as planned.
• Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize each customer’s experience, present to the team, and then make it happen.
• Master our internal inventory, order, and customer relations systems in order to efficiently and effectively process orders and answer customers’ questions.
• Learn the products inside and out in order to offer style advice, “upsell” products, and to help customers find the products they need to fill their particular needs.
• Study our style guide and be well versed in styling in order to offer appropriate style advice for different events, ages and styles. Ask the customer questions to provide them with the best styling advice for their needs and style.
• Learn the ins and outs of the back-end of the website, including how to use any outside systems or plugins which may help with any customer service needs.
• Provide thoughtful, strategic insight regarding customer needs to all areas of the business such as marketing, merchandising, photography, and buying teams.
Requirements for the Position:
• 1-2 years of relevant experience.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills.
• Empathy, energy, kindness, accountability, and adaptability.
• Team player with willingness to support other departments.
• Passion for the Tuckernuck brand.
• Incredible organization skills.
• Stellar problem-solving skills
• Proactive nature. See something’s not working? Do some brainstorming and help fix it.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Eagerness to learn every single day.
• Positive attitude.
• Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Position will require being in the Washington D.C. area.
Interested? Apply here.
Position: Graphic Designer
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating visual assets for Tuckernuck’s marketing initiatives which includes signage, e-marketing, paid and organic social media, as well as printed materials that reflect the Tuckernuck brand in an engaging, relevant and inspiring style. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for working with the Merchandising Team, and the Senior Graphic Designer, the Marketing Team and the Creative Director to update and maintain website creative assets, including collection headers and content blocks. The Graphic Designer must have a solid understanding of design principles and tools, with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to excel in this role. Knowledge of UX and UI concepts will also be useful in this position.
• 1-2 daily email designs.
• Stay up to date on our email welcome and win-back flow designs, which includes monthly updates to content.
• Daily Instastory designs.
• Weekly social media (Facebook) header layout and upload.
• Weekly content block and header updates to the website.
• Work with marketing associates on social ad designs.
• Work with the store team on e-marketing and social media requests.
• Work with the marketing team to design and schedule projects and ensure that final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and consistent across all Tuckernuck Branding.
• Design internal and external correspondence: line sheets, production sheets to be consistent with the Tuckernuck brand.
• Upload blog designs. (ex. Tuckernuck girl, monthly must-haves)
• Must be skilled in detailed file preparation, creating mock-ups, setting up presentations, releasing production files, etc.
• Assist in department maintenance and upkeep of server, supplies and storage areas.
• Track supplies and needs of paper and shipping, etc at warehouse.
• Assist the team with creating packaging that follows the Tuckernuck brand standards.
• Knowledgeable and proficient in emerging design trends and techniques.
• Work with the Brick and Mortar Team to produce any printed materials or web marketing collateral, including in-store signage, emails, flyers.
Print & Digital Design
• Assist team with projects based on their creative direction, adjusting as needed based on feedback. Includes: seasonal display, store operations, product graphics, in-house communications, branding, packaging, etc.
• Keep CMS pages up to date, which includes about us, team biography pages.
• Social Media Graphics - Weekly recipe layouts, etc.
• Strong illustration skills through various mediums and styles.
• Willingness to explore and experiment.
• High level of refinement/finish.
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must be able to multitask with an awareness for timing and urgency.
• Very strong attention to detail is crucial.
• Excellent communication skills and transparency.
• Ability to problem solve and follow creative direction as well as take initiative.
• Positive and professional attitude is expected.
• Animation skills are a plus but not required.
• Being able to work in a team as well as independently.
• Ability to work under pressure and respecting deadlines.
• Familiarity with the brand and the customer base.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or relative field.
• 2-5 years of experience in a Graphic Design role.
• Ability to proof own work.
• Strong typography skills.
• Creative copywriting skills in addition to knowledge of grammatical best practices.
Please email portfolio & resume to Liz Paterson at [email protected] to apply.
Position: Assistant Store Manager
Reporting To:Store Manager and Brick & Mortar Operations Manager
Description: To work in collaboration with Store Manager, Brick & Mortar Operations Manager, Founders, corporate partners, and store team to consistently drive sales through seamless inventory management, system implementation, and team development.
General Roles & Responsibilities:
• Supports Store Manager to achieve and exceed financial goals and build multiple revenue streams through walk-in traffic, client appointments, consignment and event generated business.
• Creates success through a positive and collaborative store environment - “Find the Fun!”
• Ensures store productivity to increase profitability through achieving and exceeding personal and store sales goals.
• Helps consistently develop a stylist team and aids them in achieving personal and store sales goals.
• Creates and contributes to a proactive selling culture that focuses on building long term relationships. Maintains awareness and involvement with top clients.
Customer Service Champion:
• Ensures exemplary customer service and exceeds expectations at all opportunities.
• Ensures a positive selling culture for associates and customers. Oversees the sales floor and ensures the store team is upholding the Tuckernuck Core Values at all times.
• Enjoys selling, interacting with customers, being present on the sales floor, and leading the store team by example on a daily basis.
• Assists store team in building and managing healthy client books in order to increase stylists’ and store productivity and revenue.
• Manages and tracks personal appointments, consignment orders, and revenue; oversees and tracks store teams’ appointments, consignment orders, and revenue.
• Supports Store Manager in building out an effective PR, marketing, and events calendar.
Visual Presentation/ Merchandising:
• Ensures brand integrity is reflected to customers by maintaining company merchandising standards at all times; holds the store team accountable for maintaining company merchandising standards on a daily basis.
• Maintains stories, floor aesthetic, and presentations through constant upkeep and meticulous standards. Audits store for visual standards and cleanliness.
• Exemplifies sophistication and polish while in store. Creates desire for the brand and lifestyle. Is an outstanding example of a brand ambassador.
• Aids Store Manager and Brick & Mortar Operations Manager as needed in receiving, merchandising, and managing new inventory when necessary.
• Supports store compliance through proper operational standards.
• Ensures store opening and closing procedures occur in an efficient and timely manner.
• Collaborates with corporate partners in areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, and inventory management.
• Assists in all areas of stock, shipping, receiving protocol/policies, procedures and all shipping/receiving related paperwork. Ensures deliveries are processed in a timely manner.
• Assists in training staff on register usage and maintenance. Understands and properly executes all management and register functions.
• Effectively completes daily business analysis and communicates results to corporate partners through daily/weekly recaps in collaboration with Store Manager.
• Achieves and exceeds financial sales goals through strategic planning, management, and visual merchandising.
• Continuously monitors sales and financial results. Draws conclusions and understands business trends using weekly, monthly, and yearly reports.
Human Resources and Team Development:
• Coaches and develops the store team and maintains a positive store environment.
• Maintains fun, welcoming, energetic, and passionate environment for the store team that adheres to HR policies and company guidelines.
• Contributes to an environment that fosters open and respectful communication between store management, store stylists, and all corporate partners.
• Ensures the entire store team understands and meets/exceeds job expectations.
• Assists Store Manager in scheduling and facilitating training sessions when needed to develop individuals and overall team skills and abilities.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of all inventory related rules, processes, and tools.
• Ensures operational integrity in routines and practices in how the store runs on a daily basis.
• Assists Store Manager and Brick & Mortar Operations Manager in training the store team on proper inventory management.
• Trains, coaches, and audits store team on all inventory related processes.
• Provides corporate partners with inventory analysis and feedback as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or work/life experience equivalent.
• Retail experience, management experience preferred.
• Flexibility- willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Tech savvy and/or willing to learn.
In general, you…
• Will be given the opportunity to have your voice be heard and your feedback/opinions taken seriously.
• Are excited to be on the front lines of a fast-paced and growing team in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment.
• Should be creative and excited about working cross-functionally across various departments.
• Have a sense of personal style along with a keen understanding of and ability to reflect the Tuckernuck aesthetic as a brand ambassador.
• Passion for relationship building with customers and cross-functional partners.
Please email resume to Casey at [email protected] to apply.