Title: Jr. Graphic Designer
The Jr. Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating visual assets for Tuckernuck’s marketing initiatives which includes signage, e-marketing, paid and organic social media, as well as printed materials that reflect the Tuckernuck brand in an engaging, relevant and inspiring style. The Jr. Graphic Designer will be responsible for working with the Merchandising Team, and the Graphic Design Team, the Marketing Team and the Creative Director to update and maintain website creative assets, including collection headers and content blocks. The Jr. Graphic Designer must have a solid understanding of design principles and tools, with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to excel in this role. Knowledge of UX and UI concepts will also be useful in this position.
• 1-2 daily email designs.
• Stay up to date on our email welcome and win-back flow designs, which includes monthly updates to content.
• Daily Instastory designs.
• Weekly social media (Facebook) header layout and upload.
• Weekly content block and header updates to the website.
• Work with marketing associates on social ad designs.
• Work with the store team on e-marketing and social media requests.
• Work with the marketing team to design and schedule projects and ensure that final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and consistent across all Tuckernuck Branding.
• Design internal and external correspondence: line sheets, production sheets to be consistent with the Tuckernuck brand.
• Upload blog designs. (ex. Tuckernuck girl, monthly must-haves)
• Must be skilled in detailed file preparation, creating mock-ups, setting up presentations, releasing production files, etc.
• Assist in department maintenance and upkeep of server, supplies and storage areas.
• Track supplies and needs of paper and shipping, etc at warehouse.
• Assist the team with creating packaging that follows the Tuckernuck brand standards.
• Knowledgeable and proficient in emerging design trends and techniques.
• Work with the Brick and Mortar Team to produce any printed materials or web marketing collateral, including in-store signage, emails, flyers.
Print & Digital Design
• Assist team with projects based on their creative direction, adjusting as needed based on feedback. Includes: seasonal display, store operations, product graphics, in-house communications, branding, packaging, etc.
• Keep CMS pages up to date, which includes about us, team biography pages.
• Social Media Graphics - Weekly recipe layouts, etc.
• Strong illustration skills through various mediums and styles.
• Willingness to explore and experiment.
• High level of refinement/finish.
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must be able to multitask with an awareness for timing and urgency.
• Very strong attention to detail is crucial.
• Excellent communication skills and transparency.
• Ability to problem solve and follow creative direction as well as take initiative.
• Positive and professional attitude is expected.
• Animation skills are a plus but not required.
• Being able to work in a team as well as independently.
• Ability to work under pressure and respecting deadlines.
• Familiarity with the brand and the customer base.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or 2-4 years of experience in a Graphic Design role.
• Ability to proof own work.
• Strong typography skills.
• Creative copywriting skills in addition to knowledge of grammatical best practices.
Please email portfolio & resume to Liz Paterson to apply.